As the majority of club members have recently renewed their membership, it's the ideal opportunity to remind you all of some of the benefits you have as a member that you can currently make use of:
1) Aspley and Rushmere woods The club has bulk bought passes for members to ride here (please see forum/Facebook posts for more information)
2) Corley Cycles 10% discount across all clothing, parts and accessories and 5% on bikes, but can also help you achieve your season’s aims
3) Body Limits 10% off treatments at Body Limits. You must present your membership card when paying for your treatment. During lockdown, massage-only therapists are not able to treat, but all other therapists are available for essential treatments including our own Quilly!
While this current lockdown prevents group activities, there are a variety of things that members can still do from the comfort of their own home/pain cave:
1) Virtual rides
Zwift The last few weeks members have been meeting up on Sunday morning to ride a route together on Zwift organized by Jon Hunt. All information about this can be found on the club forum if you wish to join in.
RGT After the successful test race this week, won by Matt Wilson on Tuesday this week, the next test event will be a TT tomorrow 13/02 at 11:00. All info can be found on the club members' Facebook group.
2) Pilates with Lisa on Zoom Lisa is continuing with her Monday evening Pilates sessions at 19:00 (£4.00/session). If you wish to take part for the first time, then post on the members' Facebook group remembering to tag Lisa Webb so she can add you to her mailing group.
3) Yoga with Michelle Get your yoga on with Michelle every Tuesday at 6pm on zoom (£4 per session, £5 a household). Develop your strength, flexibility and balance - yoga is for everyone! Check out the club's Facebook member group for the log-in each week.
4) Online strength sessions with Ruth
Tuesdays 17:00/Fridays 17:30 – £4/session
Check out the club's Facebook member group for more details.
As already teased on Facebook, the forum and the club website, a member-wide survey for all members about the club will be coming very soon. Please watch the usual spaces (including your email inbox – or even spam filter), as the more people that take part the better.